- Coordinating the technical direction of the Green Software Foundation.
- Review projects (including, but not limited to, incubation, archived and changes to a project’s charter or scope) in accordance with a project lifecycle document to be developed, approved and maintained by the OC.
- Establishing community norms, workflows, or policies where not covered by working groups.
- Discussing, seeking consensus, and where necessary, voting on matters that affect multiple projects.
- Making budget allocation recommendations to the Steering Committee.
- Making recomendations for changes to the Foundations charter.
OC members are expected to:
- Subscribe to the OC mailing list and the Green Software Foundation Github organization to stay aware of the OC related updates and issues.
- Regularly participate in the OC Meetings.
- Bring up and help resolve any issues related to the needs of the Green Software Foundation technical community
- Act as stewards for Green Software Foundation promoting and helping grow the organization and its activities by engaging of their own accord in activities such as posting on social media, responding to questions raised in forums, helping new community members find their way around, and giving talks at conferences on Green Software Foundation related topics.
- Review project proposals.
- Be active in the OC Discussions forum.
The OC Chair has the following additional responsibilities:
- Running the OC meetings, such as the OC calls per the agreed upon schedule. This includes: setting up and publishing an agenda, running the meeting, and ensuring any outcome is duly recorded
- Representing the OC, and more broadly the Green Software Foundation technical community, on the Steering Committee, and give updates to the Steering Committee on OC activities
- Representing the Green Software Foundation technical community externally, including presenting at conferences and responding to press inquiries, in coordination with the Green Software Foundation staff
The OC Vice Chair has the following additional responsibilities:
- Running the OC meetings when the chair is unable